I never thought...

I never thought...
...that I would live in a town with a castle

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Shalom!

I hope everyone is passing an excellent Passover! Or my Jewish readers at least.... Pretty soon you're all going to sit down to your seders, which I will definitely miss.

Tomorrow morning I leave for Tunisia, which I am PUMPED about! I think it will be amazing to experience a country with a completely different culture, religion, and basic environment. I am going to chill out on the beach and get rid of my cycling-cause mid-bicep tan lines, meet French tourists, visit the cities and the souks, and eat as much couscous and other Mahgreb specialties as I can.

I also wanted to post a little more about food. I know I write about food and cooking too often and I probably sound like a fatty, but I guess it's just France affecting me. I'm now reading a book with a self-explanatory title, called A Cook's Tour, by Anthony Bourdain. That book and the fact that I've now become addicted to a French TV-show called "Un Dîner Presque Parfait," where five people take turns during the week cooking dinner for (and getting judged by) the other four. There's a prize of a thousand bucks for the winner as well. So the moral of the story is that I'm looking forward to cooking more, even if I'm no Iron Chef. I'll cook for you sometime. You don't have to pay me a thousand bucks, either.

Anyways, I just wanted to get in a quick blog before I scramble tomorrow. Caio

No comments: