I never thought...

I never thought...
...that I would live in a town with a castle

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Il fait froid!

I haven't been able to translate "I'm freezing my ass off!" into French yet. I think if I said that in French it wouldn't come out right at all. But anyways, I was freezing my ass off today. Five degrees Celsius isn't that bad, but when the wind starts going it can be kind of cold.

I'm trying to think of other things to write, but right now I'm really distracted. I just discovered the massive amount of good music on the NPR World Cafe website, so right now I'm streaming a whole concert of Nickel Creek (which a lot of you might not think is good music, but I like listening to bluegrass in France). So what's going on, anyways?

This has been a pretty tiring week. Having 8 hours of class Tuesdays and every 7 Thursday (8 every other Thursday) can be really tiring. Plus I leave for school in the dark and get home in the dark. But fortunately tomorrow won't be too bad - two hours of a math test from 9 to 11 and then one hour of history from 1 to 2. The other thing I've noticed about school is the number of people who's hands I shake or who I do the French "bisous" with every day. It's not so much the amount of people as the amount of people who's names I don't know or don't remember. This is because of two things: 1) I'm horrible remembering names when I'm meeting a lot of people and I'm not around them a lot, and 2) people remember me a lot easier because I'm American, I'm easy to tell apart by my bad accent and my different style. Oh well, maybe I'll get the hang of it eventually.

In other news, I am about to start riding with my neighbor and the cycling club he rides with. I can't wait to do that, because it means more, and faster people to ride with. Plus they go out for days of 200 kilometers, so I should be in real good shape when I get back to the States next year, and the French bread won't affect me quite so much. I can't wait to ride some real mountains! The little "collines" around here and nice and all, but riding the Massif Centrale in the spring should be pretty sick.

Other than school and the daily stuff, I'm planning for when my parents come here December 31st. I of course can not wait to see them, and I wish I could see everyone. I've been here for just about two and a half months now, and I definitely miss everyone. But it's going to be the long haul after they leave in January! Anyways, love you all, talk to some of you on Thanksgiving and for anyone I don't talk to enjoy your feast. I'm going to struggle to cook my first Thanksgiving for ten people on Saturday the 24th, because I have class until 5 on the 22nd...

Bisous!

No comments: