I never thought...

I never thought...
...that I would live in a town with a castle

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Speaking of Biking

I went on an amazing ride Sunday morning with the father of one of Axel's friends. We rode about 55 kilometers (yes, I'm learning the metric system). The first 10 were pretty flat but somewhere in between kilometer 10 and 15 we climbed this nice hill. Long, gradual, and surprisingly easy, and at the top you could see everything. Beautiful! Sorry, I didn't bring my camera with me but next time I go out riding I definetely will. We rode through the town of Sommiéres, which is the second biggest town in my immediate area besides Nimes. Then a bit after Sommiéres, back on the Voie Verte (the awesome bike path) to finish the ride.
And for you mountain bikers, I actually saw a bunch of people on nice dually bikes coming down when I was starting up the climb. I think there are actually some pretty good trails around me. I'm probably going to go mountain biking with a few guys from school soon, so we'll see!

Off the topic of biking, I also wanted to write about a few things I'm still getting used to:
  • Camembert in the school cafeteria
  • Having to continually hold the water source while showering
  • Eating salad after the main dish
  • Being at school from 8 til 5
  • Commas instead of decimal points
  • Eating acorns
  • The toilet being in a seperate room from the shower and sink.

No comments: