I never thought...

I never thought...
...that I would live in a town with a castle

Saturday, February 23, 2008

"Jonah, you know it's still winter?"


That's what my host father Philippe told me after lunch today when he came home from playing golf and found me in shorts, a t-shirt, and flip-flops. On a side note, flip-flops are called klackettes in French because of the noise them make when you walk. I was clothed like that because it was 70-75 degrees Fahrenheit for a while. So after sitting in the sun reading Le Gloire de Mon Pere by Marcel Pagnol and then eating leftover raclette, I played tennis in the back yard with Caroline.

The weather was also magnificent yesterday so my friend and I Benjamin rode down to Le Grau du Roi on the Mediterranean. We hung out on the beach for a bit, ate mussels and fries and rode back. With that and riding Thursday I'm more motivated to ride now, and my knee hasn't been hurting me like it was before. Maybe I can still get in good enough shape to climb Mont Ventoux before I leave!

Other than that I haven't been up to a ton this vacation. Reading, cooking a little bit, and doing a little bit of housework. I've been spackling, sanding, and painting a little bit in my room as well as putting up some plumbing stuff for the future bathroom. Today I made some donuts which turned out pretty good. Just trying to keep myself occupied. I'm going to Marseille tomorrow and skiing another day later in the week, so I'll post again soon, and hopefully with pictures! Now I'm exhausted, so goodnight.

No comments: